Janternet tagged me the other day, so now I have to share 8 random facts about myself.
I shared the best ones the first time I was tagged), but I heart Janternet so I’ll try to make these good:
1. Neil Young has been playing in my car nonstop, and singing along has been so therapeutic for me. It erases my troubles. My current favorite is “For the Turnstiles”.
2. I still sleep with my blanky. I was planning on throwing it out when I got married but (a) I doubt that will ever happen and (b) it can only handle 4 more trips through the dryer, tops.
3. I enjoy doing really monotonous things like data entry and stuffing envelopes. I think it comes from having to be creative and pull ideas out of thin air all day. I find peace in tangible tasks.
4. I know absolutely everything about The Brady Bunch. I used to be obsessed. So this new tell-all book from Maureen McCormick that just came out is like, the highlight of my year.
5. For various reasons (out-of-state college, DUI, environmentalism, general loserness), I have not had a boyfriend with a car since 2002. EARLY 2002. I know.
6. I collect glass paperweights, particularly ones with a splash of cobalt blue. I think they are beautiful.
7. I have two scars on my hip that have been there for almost 14 years. They made me a stronger person. Sometimes when I am scared or upset, I put my hand on my hip to remind myself. I’m channeling the Brave Juice. Watch out.
8. Today a man called me from Scotland and serenaded me with “To Be With You” by Mr. Big. I can’t think of anything more perfect. You know, aside from being in Scotland with him.
I’m supposed to tag 8 people back. So I will tag… Heather, Erin, Jaime, Mike, Iain, Courtney, Rocket Queen and Jen.