A couple of weeks ago, I wrote one of those 25 Facts things for Facebook. My list got bumped off my wall almost immediately from all of the birthday wishes. (Not complaining! Loved it!) A lot of people have been re-posting these lists on their blogs.
However, I’ve been tagged on Myspace about 10 times, so I pulled most of those 25 things from previous lists. It got me thinking: “Wow, I don’t have time to write anything this week.” And, “can I come up with 25 more?”
So here you go, because I’m totally lazy Twitter is stealing all my funny I love you:
1. I dance every single day. I dance in front of people maybe twice a year (and one of those times is all Thriller, baby).
2. I have a genuine Voltron that splits into the lions. This is how I impress boys.
3. I still have all the notes that my friends passed to me in high school. They are hilarious.
4. “I-Statements” go a long way in my world. Use them. If you straight up tell me what to do, I will probably do the opposite unless you are my boss.
5. Whenever I am standing, like in line or at a concert, I tend to stand on one foot like a flamingo. I KILL at Wii Fit balance games.
6. I used to be empathetic to a fault and have made an actual effort to be more callous and judgmental.
7. I sit Indian-style at my desk, usually barefoot. It’s hard for me to be creative when I’m sitting like a square.
8. I used to lip-sync to Mariah Carey’s MTV Unplugged. Like, regularly.
9. Sometimes I call my pathological liar friend because I know he’ll tell me exactly what I want to hear.
10. I spent a decade being totally fat and while it sucked at the time, I’m glad it happened. Living in both bodies has made me a smarter and cooler person. The fact that people are nicer to me when I’m skinny makes me want to eat junk food.
11. On a similar note, I still get weirded out if I’m treated like a “pretty girl”. I usually say something silly or unladylike immediately to diffuse the tension and, consequentially, kill the mood. I don’t think I should get used to that treatment because prettiness kills brain cells and eventually fades. However, I WILL panic when people stop calling me adorable.
12. I don’t drink soda. I didn’t consciously quit; I just decided that I prefer pink lemonade. Every now and then when I’m feeling crazy, I’ll pour an inch of my roommate’s Dr. Pepper and sip it like scotch.
13. Regarding your boyfriends: I think you deserve much better but I’m always rooting for them to prove me wrong.
14. There is a tiny part of me that still believes stuffed animals have feelings.
15. I have only cheated on one person. I was on another continent and we ended up going out for years, so it probably falls more in the “met someone else” category. The guy I cheated on is now happilly married so I no longer feel guilty about this. Whew!
16. I have an old friend who is a phone sex operator (or, “Telesex Artist”) in another country. Whenever I am really scared or upset, one of the first things I do is IM her and ask her to pray for me.
17. I onced secretly touched a stalagmite in Meremec Caverns because I was told that would stunt its growth for hundreds of years. I FELT POWERFUL.
18. I’m pretty sure I can recite Empire Records in its entirety from memory.
19. I was bullied a lot as a kid and for years I wouldn’t talk to new people because I was afraid. These days, I am shocked if someone doesn’t like me. SHOCKED. I basically bully those people into being my friend. I love the fact that rejection has become this completely foreign concept to me.
20. The thought of a sad old person can make me cry for hours. Same with dogs; I refuse to watch any movie where a dog is sad.
21. I’ve picked up one habit/preference in each relationship that I still maintain to this day. Tim = Beatles. Chris = “Yay!” Brian = namedropping. Pat = tea. Etc.
22. Speaking of namedropping, I have been following Ashton and Demi on Twitter, and WOW, they are totally annoying?
23. I convince myself that I am dying of something every 6 months. It is especially bad when my dad is sick. I’ve considered finding my biological parents just to determine what is lurking in my DNA.
24. I get totally psyched when people flash their brights to warn me about a speed trap. I pretend that we are in a secret society.
25. I’m in awe of every single one of my friends and I brag about them like they are my grandchildren.