If I’ve been in the mood to write and spill my guts this week (which I haven’t been, mostly), then I’ve either been too busy or dealing with Bacon. He’s napping right now and there are about 800 things I need to do before he wakes up, but I wanted to tell you about the funnest club ever…
TV Time Kidz™. It’s the coolest! (Sorry Drunken Intervention Fan Club – though I miss hanging with Erin in general and I consider the Allison rerun during my absense an absolute karmic payback.)
Every Monday, fellow Squid Justin projects episodes from 80’s and 90’s tv shows on his roof. Each night has a theme: Bullies, Best Friends, Crushes, Saturday Morning Cartoons, etc.
Last night’s theme was “Mistakes and Cover-Up”, so we watched Stephanie Tanner drive a car into the kitchen, Peter Brady break a vase, Ben Seaver accidentally commit a felony, Blossom almost score at a make-out party, and Doug from Doug hide a letter from his mom. Best part? The 1981 After School Special “Please Don’t Hit Me, Mom” staring Patty Duke, Sean Astin and Nancy McKeon.
You have to know the password to get buzzed onto the roof (this week’s password was “please don’t hit me mom”). He’s always offering us my favorite snacks like Flavor Ice and Handi-Snacks. His neighbor always brings her daughter, and it’s fun seeing her react to these shows for the first time. Sometimes dogs come. My favorite Squids like RØB, Bill, Charles and Karen are always there. (Kevin’s brother was there, too!) Justin is awesome.
The best part? It’s on the roof at night, so it lacks the hot/humid/gross factor of most summer outdoor activities. (But the second this cold July heats back up, I may have to beg Erin and her AC to take me back.) Also, the view is unbelievable:
(You can see downtown and part of the Arch, too, but that’s my favorite part. That and the blimp that flew overhead during the Homerun Derby).
Other stuff I’ve been doing:
- Yelling “NO!” at Bacon
- Running 5 miles at least 4 times a week. I ran it in 1:03:00 last week – certainly not the most impressive, but something I never thought I’d be able to do. Going for under an hour this weekend
- Hitting Month 3 as a non-smoker
- Gushing over pictures of Klarissa (to be posted later – she has the most hair you will ever see on a baby)
- Procrastinating writing about Kevin’s wedding (let the record show that it always takes about a month for me to write about the best stuff)
- Losing 5 more pounds – only [redacted] pounds to go!
- Surviving the Fourth (I think I summed it up all right in comments a few entries ago)
- Attending a viewing of my favorite movie The Room in an awesome TOP SECRET location
- Drinks with new awesome pals Karen and Justin at good old Weber’s
- Getting ready to move (*sniffle*) to the city (hooray!)
- Totally crushing
- Questionably rocking out to the Counting Crows at the Riverfront with friends for Jason’s 30th birthday
- Watching a homeless guy pee his pants on the Arch Steps to the tune of “Mr. Jones”
- Taking Bacon to the park for the first time. What a pussy. He saw a duck and literally leapt into my arms
- Well, if it isn’t HAAAAR-RY POT-TAH! This is the fourth Harry Potter installment that I’ve seen with Jen, Ron and the gang. I thought it was super cute
- Enjoying the freezing weather that we’ve been blessed with this month. That’s right, BLESSED. Screw hot weather. It’s so windy and chilly, I can actually go to the Botanical Gardens for Wednesday Jazz and drink wine without feeling like I’m going to faint
- Seeing GOGOL BORDELLO – one of my favorite bands ever – TOMORROW NIGHT! AGH! This will mean that I’ve now seen my top five favorite living bands in person; AWESOME
AAANNNNDD that’s it for now. Cool stufff to come, but I will be very busy with puppies and moving. Or running away with Eugene Hütz HOPEFULLY.