What black hole? The one in my mouth–and my wallet–thanks to this cyst.
See my three teeth? That entire black circle above them is my cyst. Basically, I have a marble-sized hole in my gums. This is not counting for how far back the cyst stretches, which I won’t know until I see the oral surgeon.
Today I found out that I have to have bone grafting material injected into the hole (that’swhatshesaid). And guys, I googled this and threw up already so you don’t have to. Trust me. S’gross.
The only plus side is that when I get old and my teeth fall out and need to be titanium-screwed back into my head (… because this will happen to us, you guys), there will be somewhere to actually screw.
I’m really pissed off about this for a number of reasons:
1. I was doing so awesome at kicking my debt’s ass, and this will erase months and months of work, not to mention the Year Plus goal I had planned for July.
2. I’ve never had an actual surgery before and have a mild fear of dying in my sleep, so look forward to reading all about my panic attack before going under.
3. Someday I will have to have my teeth screwed back into my head. I’m sure there are many unforseen horrors of aging yet to come, but I was not prepared for that.
4. I got dropped on my face almost ten years ago and have been paying for it ever since. And today I realized that I will continue to do so for the rest of my life.
5. Did I tell you guys that, unrelated to the tooth*, I’m already buggin because I have to get a biopsy on a freckle in 2 weeks for possible melanoma? I’m mostly worried because (and I know this is dumb) the biopsy is on my niece’s birthday. My dad found out about his first leg amputation on his birthday, had the second amputation on my grandma’s birthday, and went to the emergency room on my birthday. So, birthdays and medical conditions are kind of an issue for me.
So that’s what I’m dealing with today. I’m not going to totally freak out about anything until I get the full details of prices/procedures/diagnoses (aren’t you proud of me?) but I can’t help but feel frustrated and exhausted.
I mean, I only have 2.5 miles left to run before I hit 100, and I don’t want to do it today! I feel like with today’s luck, I would sprain my ankle on the walk to the Y.
*I guess they’re sort of related, since all the tooth drama is because of an ex-boyfriend and the freckle is on my vagina.